When we refer to “Eve”, “we”, “our” and “us”, we mean the legal entity that acts as the controller or processor of your information currently refers to the legal entity, which is further detailed in the “Identifying the Data Controller and Processor” section below.
A separate agreement governs delivery, access and use of the Services (the “Customer Agreement”), including the processing of any messages, files or other content submitted through Services accounts (collectively, “Customer Data”). The organization that entered into the Customer Agreement (“Customer”) controls their instance of the Services (their “Workspace”) and any associated Customer Data.
What we collect and receive
Eve may collect and receive Customer Data and other information and data (“Other information” in a variety of ways:
Customers or individuals granted access to the Services and a given Workspace by a Customer (“Authorized Users”) routinely submit Customer Data to Eve when using the services.
Eve also collects, generates and/or receives Other Information:
Workspace and account information
To create or update an Authorized User account, you or your Customer supply Eve with a name, email address, phone number, password and/or similar account details.
Customers with paid subscriptions provide Eve (or its payment processors) with billing details such as credit card information, banking information and/or a billing address.
When an Authorized User interacts with the Services, metadata is generated that provides additional context about the way Authorized Users work. For example, Eve logs the features, events, content and links you interact with.
Our services automatically collect information when access or use our Websites or Services and record it in log files. This log data may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited before using the Website or Services, browser type and settings, the date and time the Services were used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data.
Eve collects information about devices accessing the Services, including type of device, what operating system is used, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this Other Information often depends on the type of device used and its settings.
We receive information from you, your Customer and other third-parties that helps us approximate your location. We may, for example, use a business address submitted by your Customer, or your IP address received from your browser, to determine an approximate location. Eve may also collect location information from devices in accordance with the consent process provided by your device.
Third Party Services
Various functionality of the Services require integration with Third Party Services. Third Party Services are typically software that integrate with our Services, in order to provide an enhanced experience. The provider of a Third Party Service may share certain information with Eve, such as your location or IP address.
Third Party Data
Eve may receive data about organizations, industries, Website visitors, marketing campaigns and other matters related to our business from parent corporation(s), affiliates and subsidiaries, our partners or others that we use to make our own information better or more useful. This data may be combined with Other Information we collect and might include aggregate level data, such as which IP addresses correspond to locations or countries. Or it might be more specific, for example, how well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
Additional Information Provided to Eve
We receive Other Information when submitted to our Websites if you participate in events, contests, activities, request support, apply for a job, interact with our social media accounts or otherwise communicate with Eve.
Generally, no one is under a statutory or contractual obligation to provide any Customer Data or Other Information (collectively, “Information”). However, certain Information is collected automatically and, if some Information, such as event location information, is not provided, we may be unable to provide the Services.
How we use Information
Customer Data will be used by Eve in accordance with Customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and Customer’s use of Services functionality, and as required by applicable law. Eve is a processor of Customer Data and Customer is the controller.
Eve uses Other Information in furtherance of our legitimate interests in operating our Services, Websites and business. We use Other Information:
To provide, update, maintain and protect our Services, Websites and business.
This includes use of Other Information to support delivery of the Services under a Customer Agreement, prevent or address service errors, security or technical issues, analyze and monitor usage, trends and other activities or at an Authorized User’s request.
As required by applicable law, legal process or regulation.
To communicate with you by responding to your requests, comments and questions.
If you contact us, we may use your Other Information to respond.
To facilitate communication or other means of collaboration between Customers.
To develop and provide search, learning and productivity tools and additional features.
Eve tries to make the Services as useful as possible for Customers and Authorized Users. For example, we may improve search functionality by using Other Information to help determine and rank the relevance of an event to an Authorized User, make Services suggestions based on historical use and predictive models, identify organizational trends and insights, to customize a Services experience or create new productivity features and products.
To send emails and other communications
We may send you service, technical and other administrative emails, messages, notifications and other types of communications. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our Services, our Services offerings, and important Services-related notices, such as security and fraud notices. These communications are considered part of the Services and you may not opt out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails about new product features, promotional communications or other news about Eve. These are marketing messages so you can control whether you receive them.
For billing, account management and other administrative matters.
Eve may need to contact you for invoicing, account management and similar reasons and we use account data to administer accounts and keep track of billing and payments.
To investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse.
Aggregations and non-identifiable data
How we share and disclose information
- Displaying the Services
- When an Authorized User submits Other Information, it may be displayed to other Authorized Users in the same or connected Workspaces. For example, an Authorized User’s email address may be displayed within their Organization’s user listings.
- Collaborating with others
- The Services provide different ways for Authorized Users to collaborate with one-another, such as event log entries. Other Information, such as an Authorized User’s account information, may be shared.
- Customer Access
- Owners, administrators, Authorized Users and other Customer representatives and personnel may be able to access, modify or restrict access to Other Information. This may include, for example, Customer exporting a list of users, or accessing your account profile.
- Third Party Service Providers and Partners
- We may engage third party companies or individuals as service providers or business partners to process Other Information and support our business and related activities. These third parties may, for example, provide virtual computing and storage services, or software to help provide better customer support. Eve performs diligence to evaluate each of these third parties’ privacy, security and confidentiality practices.
- Corporate Affiliates
- Eve may share Other Information with its corporate affiliates, parents and/or subsidiaries.
- During a change to Eve’s business
- If Eve engages in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, sale of some or all of Eve’s assets or stock, financing, public offering of securities, acquisition of all or a portion of our business, a similar transaction or proceeding, or steps in contemplation of such activities (e.g. due diligence), some or all Other Information may be shared or transferred, subject to standard confidentiality arrangements.
- Aggregated or de-identified data
- We may disclose or use aggregated or de-identified Other Information for any purpose. For example, we may share aggregated or de-identified Other Information with prospects or partners for business or research purposes, such as telling a prospective customer how long a typical event is planned for.
- To comply with laws
- If we receive a request for information, we may disclose Other Information if we reasonably believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
- To enforce our rights, prevent fraud and uphold safety
- To protect and defend the rights, property or safety of Eve or third parties, including enforcing contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing fraud or security issues.
- With consent
- Eve may share Other Information with third parties when we have the relevant consent to do so.
Eve takes the security of your data very seriously and we work hard to protect Information you provide from loss, misuse, and other unauthorized access or disclosure. We take reasonable precautions to ensure that we collect, process and store your data securely, for example, encrypting all traffic between you and our servers. Given the nature of communications and information processing technology, Eve cannot guarantee that Information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others.
To the extent prohibited by applicable law, Eve does not allow use of our Services and Websites by anyone younger than 16 years of age. If you learn that anyone younger than 16 has unlawfully provided us with personal data, please contact us and we will take appropriate action to delete such information.
International Data Transfers
Eve may transfer your Personal Data to countries other than the one in which you live. The storage of this Personal Data will remain held to the same strict UK and EU data protection standards.
Data Protection Officer
To communicate with our Data Protection Officer, please email email@example.com
Identifying the Data Controller and Processor
Data protection law in certain jurisdictions differentiates between the “Controller” and “processor” of information. In general, Customer is the controller of Customer Data. In general, Eve is the processor of Customer Data and the controller of Other Information.
Residents of certain countries, including the European Economic Area, have certain statutory rights in relation to their personal data. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request access to Information, as well as to seek to update, delete or correct this Information. You can usually do this from within your account on the Services. If you can not access this, please contact Customer for additional assistance, or our customer service team.
To the extent that Eve’s processing of your Personal Data is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation, Eve relies on its legitimate interests, described above, to process your data. Eve may also process Other Information that constitutes your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes and you have a right to object to Eve’s use of your Personal Data for this purposes at any time.
Data Protection Authority
Subject to applicable law, you also have the right to (a) restrict Eve’s use of Other Information that constitutes your Personal Data; and (b) lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority or the UK Information Commissioner’s Office. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area and believe we maintain your Personal Data within the scope of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you may direct questions or complaints to our lead supervisory authority:
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, +44 (0)303 123 1113, firstname.lastname@example.org